- In a bowl beat the eggs and add the cream, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Cut the brioche into slices
- Heat a frying pan/skillet to moderate temperature – not too hot or the bread will burn on the outside before it cooks on the inside.
- Place a slice of bread in the egg mixture and leave to soak for 30 seconds and then turn over and soak the other side (don’t leave it too long or it will get too soggy and fall apart).
- Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until melted.
- Add two slices of egg-soaked bread to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown all over.
- Remove to serving plates and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining egg-soaked bread slices, adding a little extra butter and oil, if needed.
We serve ours with Blueberry compote and freshly whipped cream.
Sinful but divine !!